- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -here there but mostly everywhere - - - - - - - -

June 13, 2007

let the rain fall

So yesterday was the first time it had rained since I've been in d.c. It rained for only about 30 minutes, but it poured. And right in that time was when I had to walk to catch my bus. I was amazed at what I saw. Let me remind you though, that day on msn.com under the weather portion there was a rain cloud with a lightning, and I mean who doesn't have msn at their internet default page...really. So everyone should not have been caught off guard. There were people frantically running, falling and waiting under overhangs. I started to think about the most annoying people in Rome. It was the little guys who are in your face right when you get off the bus, who shove umbrella's in your hands [expecting money of course]. And how if one of these guys would migrate west they would make a fortune. I mean Americans are all about convenience, right? What isn't more convenient that someone handing you an umbrella when its raining out. I luckily had my umbrella, well my friends, one I borrowed.ha. This walk home may have been the best yet, beating the concert and sniper dude...maybe a close second.

No comments: