- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -here there but mostly everywhere - - - - - - - -

June 1, 2007

and then we drove some more.

I made it. It was a 24 hour drive from San Antonio to Northern Virgina (Ashburn), but I'm here, and couldn't be happier. Well, maybe a little bit, but anyone can always be happier. My first stop was in Dallas and I stayed with Brother. I really am glad that we are such good friends now, it only took us 19 years to stop hating each other, but now things are great between us. Day two on the road I was headed to Memphis and stayed with my favorite family outside of my own...The Powell's, even though the guys weren't there, it was still so nice to get to visit. And then it was east to Knoxville and day 4 was up to Virginia. Yes I'm sure you think I'm a huge loser who cant drive more than 7 hours in a day...but it just really worked out great staying with people, and plus I never got tired once while I was behind the wheel...thanks to rockstar and bookoo. Yeah that's right....

Washington d.c. is an amazing city, I only wish I was living there and not just working, but what can you do. I'm not paying rent so I can't really complain and its peaceful outside the city. Just a little bit of a commute. Anyways, back to d.c...everyday I take different streets and just check out something new. The streets are labeled either by letter or number, and diagonal streets are the long names like 'constitution' and 'Philadelphia' [damn you why do you give him all the easy ones] what movie? its all so confusing, okay not really, its actually so simple unlike the crazy streets of Rome that led you to the opposite place you wanted to be. D.C. is unbelievably cleaner than Rome and I love it and they speak English there too...score!

No comments: