- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -here there but mostly everywhere - - - - - - - -

June 20, 2007

ahhh, public transportation

Yesterday I took a new route to the city, I went via metro. Not sure it has a cool name here, I think they just call it the metro. Well first I had to drive to the station that reaches out furthest to where I'm living. That was like a 45 minute drive b/c of sweet traffic, then the metro ride took like another 45 minutes. Got to work a little late that day, but they are so cool here it was no big deal. It was great to be able to ask a question or converse with the person sitting next to you and have a clear view out of the window. In Rome you had no idea there was even windows b/c of all the layers of graffiti. This city is graffiti free, at least the places I have been. Though I would have to say they did some pretty sweet graffiti work on the streets of Rome, especially on the way to the airport. Then of course I had to take the metro home, I fell asleep, kid you not, I slept the whole way and was relieved my bag was still in my lap when I woke up. Thinking about it, I missed the commuter bus that I usually take, I think I will go back to that route for getting into the city. Free parking, no traffic, naps on the way there and back and on occasion a Code Orange Day!

No comments: