- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -here there but mostly everywhere - - - - - - - -

December 4, 2008

there's always time

the drive home from albuquerque after thanksgiving was nothing less than majoryly eventful. the not too bad 6 hour drive quickly turned into a days worth of driving, yes 12 hours of time spent in my car. the smartest thing I did, besides pulling off to get gas when i did was stopping to adventure up to the Cadet Chapel at the air force base in colorado springs. I had been wanting to see it, but was always passing in the dark, so now, when it would be covered in fresh snow was going to be my best chance yet..and i took it. the guard was hesitant on letting me in as the snow was coming down hard and the streets were barely visible, but i was lucky and he let me slide in. it was a winding way up to the chapel and with steep hills and sharp curves my anticipation only grew. soon in front of me was a gorgeous steel and glass structure that sat perfect within the
mountain side. a very modern chapel with 17 spires to resemble jets soaring up to the sky. i was of course the only one there, but i did not mind. it was wonderfully peaceful and wish i could have stayed longer to relax in its beauty, unfortunately it was getting dark and the snow had only picked up, though i must say that the all the extra time spent in the car didn't even put a damper on the side stop that led me to such joy.

No comments: