- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -here there but mostly everywhere - - - - - - - -

March 7, 2007

Quattro

So I'm slacking a little bit...but time is seriously flying. This past month has been filled with great times. First off my Mom was here and it was so good to see her, and to get to show her around Rome. She had never been to Italy before, and is already coming back next month. When I was in class she would go around Rome sightseeing, and we would meet up for dinner! We took a trip north to Cinque Terra, italian for five villages. We stayed in Vernazza and it was adorable, such a cute little town, only like 600 people I think. One day we hiked from there to Monterossa which was all along the water, up and down through vineyards and a hilly landscape. Seriously probably some of the most gorgeous sights of the ocean I have yet to see in my life.
The next weekend was Florence and Siena, which was with school and such a blast. Florence is a pretty big city, and a lot different than Rome, so it was a nice change. We climbed the Duomo, shopped (bought some shoes), and ate good food at a place called Yellow. Sad to say it rained half the time we were in Siena but we still had a good time. The ride home through Tuscany was incredible and I tried to say awake as to not miss anything. I'm glad to be back in Roma, but can't wait to see more of Italy.
Reagan and Lynsey are coming for Spring Break!! Yippie!

1 comment:

Shasta Brooke said...

it looks like you are having an amazing time! I am very jealous! I went to Germany, Holland, and Belgium over Christmas break and it just amazed me how different the cultures are...I would absolutely love to be studying architecture or anything for that matter in Rome...have fun with the girls on spring break (its this week...right?).